Monday, May 17, 2010

Mewtwo

Another quick quick update to let you know that, whereas before I had but one legendary Pokémon, now I own Two.

Mewtwo, to be precise.

To be honest, I wasn't expecting to come across him for a while. I only headed into Cerulean Cave because I heard that you could find an Electrizer there and I need one to evolve Electro, allowing him to reach his full potential for badassery. So I headed into the cave and promptly got lost. I wandered around for a while and holy shit there's a Mewtwo right there.



Now, even when I found him, I wasn't expecting to be able to actually catch him. After all, he's at level 70 and my highest Pokémon is only 57. Still, it turned out to be pretty simple, since he only had one offensive move, which hardly did any damage to my guys. I pelted him with Dusk Balls, and when that failed, pelted him with Ultra Balls until the tenth or so stuck.

Tricky? I suppose. But compared to catching Ulysses, this was a fucking cakewalk.

I named him Dr. Mabuse, and I think it's interesting to know that I caught him pretty much at the exact same moment I hit the 50-hour mark for total elapsed play time.

Unfortunately, though, I couldn't find the Electrizer. I'll have to return to the cave tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment